Important Contact Information
Preparing for Surgery
Insurance & Financial Obligations
Post-Op Instructions & Exercises
Return to Work Information
Before Your Surgery
What should I do to prepare for my surgery?
- Arrange for a family member or friend to accompany you to the hospital the day of your surgery.
- Plan ahead for transportation home or to the hotel the day of your planned discharge.
- Remember to adjust your work/social schedule accordingly during your anticipated recovery time.
- While taking narcotic pain medication, you will not be permitted to drive. You may need to arrange for transportation to your initial follow-up visit.
- Unless told otherwise, you will need to have a follow-up visit 7-14 days after surgery with one of Dr. Cole's physician assistants for suture removal.
- You may see Dr. Cole for your first post-op appointment depending on the nature of the procedure performed or based on your preference.
What should I bring with me the day of surgery?
- Photo ID
- Insurance Card
- Friend or family member who will be available the entire time and take you home after surgery
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing
- Shoulder surgery: zip-up or button down shirt
- Knee surgery: loose fitting pants or shorts
**Leave jewelry, money and valuables at home.
Printer Friendly Version
Copyright 2001-2013 © Cartilagedoc.org, All Rights Reserved